Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Making a watermark "brush" for use in Photoshop

These instructions are based on my version of Photoshop which is part of the CS3 package. This is my first attempt at instructions for Photoshop. If you need help with older versions, I have some experience and may be able to help if necessary, but I don't have access to an older version to reference while writing up instructions.
Making a watermark "brush" for photoshop:
  1. Open Photoshop.
  2. Open your dark watermark version.
  3. Click on the paintbrush tool so that it is active.
  4. Go to the menu at the top and choose "Edit." Scroll down to the option to "define brush preset."
  5. Edit the name of your brush if you'd like in the name option box that should pop up. Click ok.
  6. You should see an outline version of your watermark as you move the cursor around.
  7. Open a photo that you'd like to put your watermark on.
  8. In your color palette, pick a color that will look good over your photo (i.e., show up, but not overwhelm the image).
  9. With your brush still using the watermark shape, click on your photo, and save as a new version of your photo referencing that it's a watermarked version.
I hope this helps! Let me know if you have questions. :)

1 comment:

Heath said...

Thanks for the instructions. This was exactly what I needed!