Monday, December 31, 2007

Just Give Me Stamps blog has a new banner and watermarks


I have admired Laurie's stamping for quite a while on her Just Give Me Stamps blog. She simply has an amazing stamping style. I was so pleased to be able to create a banner and watermarks for her, particularly after all the inspiration she's put out there for others.

Her colors were chosen not so much by any one company's colors, although she listed SU colors for reference, but additionally I went and looked at vintage paint samples for inspiration. I sent her a basic banner to preview, and then we pushed it further using her suggestion of tone-on-tone swirls and stepping up to a new font. This is the first time I've used this font (although I kept trying to work it in on other banners), and I think it looks great!

Because Laurie and I both liked the font so much, I wanted to feature it on her watermarks. She has two designs to choose from, one that's Stampin' Up! specific, and on that is for use with other company's designs.


I really enjoyed these projects. If you haven't already visited her blog, definitely stop in for a look.

Laurie thank you so much for choosing to work with me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Melissa, I just want to thank you again SOOO much!!! The banner and watermarks you made for me are absolutely stunning! And, eventhough I don't feel I was very "specific" in my information I gave to you (sometimes I just don't know how to express with words what I like until I see it)...you were still able create exactly what I wanted!! Thank you!!!