Sunday, November 25, 2007

Chris Simon has a new blog AND a new banner and watermarks!

I think this is the quickest collaboration EVER for me on a banner/watermark combo! Chris and I seemed to be in sync right from the start, and it just flowed from there.

Chris just started a blog over at http://colorfulom.blogspot.com/ and she was looking to brand it as her own. Well, she presented quite a challenge of wanting lots of color, but also wanted to reference the tranquility of yoga and the peacefulness that she's working to bring into her life.

Ok. I was daunted. So I tried to clear my runways of creativity by just throwing something together, mostly playing with trying to get the Om symbol in.

Well, what do you know? I liked what I made. So, with that caveat, I sent it as an "unofficial" preview draft to Chris. I'd originally told her I couldn't even start on it until the next day! The banner was approved almost from the start. We changed some colors and added "springy strings" to the right side of the image, and that was it.
Of course she also needed a watermark, and we agreed that I'd make a standard Stampin' Up! language oriented watermark, and also a more general watermark at no additional charge. I don't see the point in charging for a second watermark when I'm just changing the words! For her watermarks Chris didn't even give me direction - she said she wanted to see what was in my head first. :)
Apparently, I'm a mind reader AND a designer. There weren't ANY changes necessary to the watermark designs. :O What a great experience to hit it right off the bat with someone I've never met before and create just what they want. It was such a pleasure! Thanks, Chris, for taking the leap with me.

1 comment:

Chris Simon said...

Thanks again, Melissa. I really love what we came up with! You captured the essence of what I was trying to communicate perfectly. It was great fun working with you on this!